Westlake Corporation Suppliers’ Code of Conduct
Westlake Corporation (collectively with its direct and indirect subsidiaries, "Westlake") is a quality, low-cost manufacturer and dependable global supplier of petrochemicals, plastics, and building products. Our mission is to serve our customers by enhancing daily life through the products and services we provide.
As a supplier, you are an integral part of the value chain that contributes to the success of our customers. We expect that you will offer quality products and services, on time, at a competitive price.
This Westlake Corporation Suppliers’ Code of Conduct document sets forth the fundamental expectations that Westlake has for its suppliers related to complying with applicable laws and regulations and conducting business in an ethical manner.
Compliance with Laws
Suppliers and their manufacturing facilities, including any subcontracting and packaging facilities, shall, at all times in the conduct of their business and operations, including in the storage, containerization, or transport of products or raw materials, comply with all applicable local, state or provincial, national and international laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, those related to labor, immigration, health and safety, and the environment.
Health, Safety, and Environment
- Provide workers with a safe and healthy work environment;
- Take proactive measures to prevent workplace hazards;
- Implement practices for the safe handling, storage and transport of all products and materials, ensuring mitigation of the risk of spill, release or other impact to the environment or worker safety; and
- Ensure that every manufacturing facility complies with environmental laws, including all laws related to waste disposal, air emissions, discharges, toxic substances, and hazardous waste disposal.
Conflicts of Interest, Gifts and Entertainment
Suppliers shall not:
- Offer gifts to Westlake managers or employees or those working on behalf of Westlake with a value greater than $50 USD;
- Offer anything other than infrequent, reasonable, and appropriate meals or simple entertainment (which shall not involve travel or overnight lodging) to Westlake managers or employees or those working on behalf of Westlake, provided that business is discussed and any such activity has a clear business purpose; or
- Enter into transactions or business arrangements with managers or employees of Westlake such that a conflict of interest may arise between Westlake’s interests and the interests of the parties to the transactions or business arrangements.
Suppliers shall not:
- Tolerate, permit, or engage in bribery, corruption, or unethical practices, whether in dealings with public officials or individuals in the private sector; or
- Directly or indirectly engage in bribery, kickbacks, payoffs, or provide unauthorized gifts or engage in other corrupt business practices as defined by the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, or by applicable laws (such as the UK Bribery Act).
Suppliers shall keep accurate records of all matters related to their business with Westlake in accordance with standard accounting practices such as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles or International Financial Reporting Standards.
Voluntary Labor and Labor Hours
All labor must be voluntary. Slave, child, underage, forced, bonded, or indentured labor will not be tolerated. At a minimum, Suppliers shall:
- Not engage in or support trafficking in human beings;
- Implement procedures to manage the materials, including all labor-related processes, incorporated into their products to ensure they comply with laws on slavery and human trafficking;
- Allow workers to maintain control over their identity documents; and
- Provide workers with rest days and ensure that working hours are consistent with applicable laws and not excessive.
Suppliers shall compensate all workers with wages and benefits that meet or exceed applicable legal standards.
Dormitories and Canteen
Suppliers who provide residential or dining facilities for their workers must provide safe, healthy, and sanitary facilities.
Westlake desires to do business with suppliers who take their corporate social responsibility obligations seriously. Westlake, therefore, encourages suppliers to be socially and environmentally responsible, participate in sustainability programs, and be proactive in their approaches to deliver sustainable solutions.
Westlake reserves the right to audit a supplier's compliance with this Suppliers' Code of Conduct. Any non-compliance may result in actions up to and including the termination of our business relationship, as determined by Westlake at Westlake's sole and absolute discretion.
We encourage you to report known or suspected violations of these topics to https://westlake.ethicspoint.com. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance.